Call for Workshops
Thematic workshops will be conducted as an event, parallel to the conference. There is limited time and meeting space, that is why the number of presented workshops is in direct dependency with the Oral Sessions intensity.
If you are registered as a DELEGATE or a LECTURER for the current SWS Conference, there is NO additional fee for conducting or participating in any workshops.
We welcome all sorts of ideas for workshops related to the fields of Arts & Humanities and Medieval & Renaissance studies. It could be individual or group project. An interaction with the participants is tolerated.
We promote exchange and co-operation for better results in all spheres of knowledge.
Certificates & Letters
Each Workshop conveyor receives a WORKSHOP Certificate, at the last conference days by the Programme Chairmen.
Each participant at any workshop session, receives a Verification Letter for attendance, after the end of the event.
Here are some exemplary themes for workshops
These themes are only examples, although if you find yourself in one of them, feel free to develop and conduct it.
- Music and musical practices in European Medieval courts
You could describe and show some infamous musical themes during the Middle Ages and try to teach some basic and more advanced techniques on authentic instruments from the epoch;
- Techniques of Renaissance painting and sculpture (It could be a lecture plus drawing and sculpting practices abstracted from the works of Michelangelo);
- Dialogue – the ancient form of philosophy, revived in the epoch of Renaissance
It could be a lecture plus workshop of performing a discussion in the so-called Socratic Dialogue;
- The Gutenberg’s printing press – the device that changed the world of knowledge
It could be a lecture on the history of printing plus actual printing processes conducted with some old and new methods;
- The history of Renaissance Maecenas courts
A lecture plus discussion on the history and practices of the great Renaissance philanthropists;
- The Medieval & Renaissance poetry metrics
Introducing some classical poetic structures and conducting a workshop on how to write a poem);
- The connection between social changes in the late Middle Ages and the raise of the Renaissance Art
Is the impact of economical, societal and technological changes upon the various forms of Art and Literature? Lecture plus discussion;
- The Renaissance Political philosophy and the foundations of Modern Law
The importance of the Renaissance for the emergence of the social contract. Lecture and discussion.
SWS Workshop Hall - available equipment:
- Laptop (Windows® - MS Word, MS PowerPoint);
- Wi-Fi Internet connection;
- Laser pointer, microphone;
- State of the art multimedia technology that guarantees a perfect flow at the highest level for all different kinds of presentations;
- Additional wireless microphones (for questions/comments).
SWS Organizing Team - engagements:
- assure a meeting place + audio visual equipment;
- determine exact time and date regarding the general programme schedule;
- publish the workshop summary on the conference web site;
- publish the workshop title/speaker on the conference programme;
- notify all participants of the forthcoming workshop as a part of the conference programme;
Workshop Proposals Deadlines
Detailed information about a concrete theme will be given by the respective speaker and published here by title, chair and authors.
Note: The SWS Organizers have the right to reorganize some workshops presentations till the complete arrangement of the final conference programme, in accordance with the ORAL presentations schedule!